Algebra I Regents New York State Exam - June 2022
Algebra I Regents New York State Exam Questions June 2022 (pdf)
Algebra I Regents New York State Exam June 2022 Rating Guide (pdf)
Solutions for Questions 1 - 24
- Which correlation shows a causal relationship?
- Given f(x) = 3x - 5, which statement is true?
- At Benny’s Café, a mixed-greens salad costs $5.75. Additional
toppings can be added for $0.75 each. Which function could be used
to determine the cost, c(s), in dollars, of a salad with s additional
- Which expression is equivalent to x2 = 5x - 6?
- Peter has $100 to spend on drinks for his party. Bottles of lemonade
cost $2 each, and juice boxes cost $0.50 each.
If x is the number of bottles of lemonade and y is the number of juice
boxes, which inequality models this situation?
- Which domain is most appropriate for a function that represents
the number of items, f(x), placed into a laundry basket each day, x,
for the month of January?
- What is the solution to 3/2 b + 5 < 17?
- Which table of values represents an exponential relationship?
- Which expression is not equivalent to (52x)3?
- Which relation is a function?
- The formula Ax + By = C represents the equation of a line in standard
form. Which expression represents y in terms of A, B, C, and x?
- What are the zeros of f(x) = (2x - 4)(3x + 4)?
- Joe has dimes and nickels in his piggy bank totaling $1.45. The number
of nickels he has is 5 more than twice the number of dimes, d. Which
equation could be used to find the number of dimes he has?
- Donna and Andrew compared their math final exam scores from
grade 8 through grade 12. Their scores are shown below.
- The first term in a sequence is 5 and the fifth term is 17. What is the
- A quadratic function and a linear function are graphed on the same set
of axes. Which situation is not possible?
- The expression (m - 3)2 is equivalent to
- Mrs. Rossano asked her students to explain why (3,-4) is a solution
to 2y + 3x = 1. Three student responses are given below.
- Four quadratic functions are shown below
- An example of a sixth-degree polynomial with a leading coefficient of
seven and a constant term of four is
- In the equation A P(1 ± r)t, A is the total amount, P is the principal
amount, r is the annual interest rate, and t is the time in years. Which
statement correctly relates information regarding the annual interest
rate for each given equation?
- It takes Tim 4.5 hours to run 50 kilometers. Which expression will
allow him to change this rate to minutes per mile?
- When the equation
- If a sequence is defined recursively
- Is the product of
- Describe the transformations performed on the graph of
- The total profit earned at a garage sale during the first five hours is modeled by the graph
- A function is graphed on the set of axes below.
- Determine the exact values of x for x2 - 8x - 5 = 0 by completing the square.
- The graph below models the height of Sam’s kite over a period of time.
- On the set of axes below
- An insurance agent is looking at records to determine if there is a relationship between a driver’s
age and percentage of accidents caused by speeding. The table below shows his data.
- Solve the system of inequalities graphically on the set of axes below.
- At an amusement park, the cost for an adult admission is a, and for a child the cost is c. For a group
of six that included two children, the cost was $325.94. For a group of five that included three
children, the cost was $256.95. All ticket prices include tax.
Write a system of equations, in terms of a and c, that models this situation.
Use your system of equations to determine the exact cost of each type of ticket algebraically.
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.