Plans and Worksheets for Grade 4
Plans and Worksheets for all Grades
Lessons for Grade 4
Common Core For Grade 4
Common Core Standards: 4.OA.3,
New York State Common Core Math Grade 4, Module 1, Lesson 17
Common Core Math Grade 4, Module 1, Lesson 17 Worksheets (pdf)
NYS Math Module 1 Grade 4 Lesson 17 Problem Set
Directions: Model each problem using a tape diagram. Solve using numbers and words.
1. Sean’s school raised $32,587. Leslie’s school raised $18,749. How much more money did Sean’s school
2. At a parade, 97,853 people sat in bleachers and 388,547 people stood along the street. How many
fewer people were in the bleachers than standing on the street?
4. A copper wire was 240 m long. After 60 m was cut off, it was double the length of a steel wire. How
much longer was the copper wire than the steel wire at first?
NYS Math Module 1 Grade 4 Lesson 17 Homework
1. Gavin has 1,094 toy building blocks. Avery has only 816 toy building blocks. How many more building blocks does Gavin have?
2. Container A and B hold 11,875 L of water altogether. Container B holds 2,391 L more than container A holds. How much water does Container A hold?
3. A piece of yellow yarn was 230 inches long. After 90 inches had been cut from it, the piece of yellow
yarn was twice as long as a piece of blue yarn. How much longer than the blue yarn was the yellow yarn
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
You can use the free Mathway calculator and problem solver below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.