Plans and Worksheets for Grade 2
Plans and Worksheets for all Grades
Lessons for Grade 2
Common Core For Grade 2
Videos, examples, and solutions to help Grade 2 students learn to mentally add 10 or 100 to a given number 100–900, and mentally subtract 10 or 100 from a given number 100–900.
Common Core: 2.NBT.8
Suggested Learning Target
Adding and Subtracting Multiples of 10 and 100
- I can mentally add 10 to a given number from 100-900.
- I can mentally subtract 10 from a given number from 100-900.
- I can mentally add 100 to a given number 100-900.
- I can mentally subtract 100 from a given number from 100-900.
- I can skip count from a number by 10 and/or 100 including off the decades
- I can model using base ten manipulatives
- I can recognize and use patterns in a thousands chart
Manipulating place value by adding and subtracting
Solving problems involving 10, 100, or 1000 more/ less using adding and subtracting.
1. What is 10 more than 879?
2. What is 100 less than 2067?
3. What is 1000 more than 432?
4. What is 10 more than 4893?
Counting by 100 Around the Class
Identifying 100 More or Less: 2.NBT.8
How to find 100 more or less than a 2- or 3- digit number?
Alice's teacher gives her 10 points for everay A she earns on a test. Alice has 110 points already. How many points will she have is she earns 100 more?
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.