Videos and solutions to help Grade 2 students learn how to solve two-step word problems involving dollars or cents with totals within $100 or $1.
Common Core Standards: 2.NBT.5, 2.MD.8, 2.NBT.2, 2.NBT.6
Common Core Math Resources, Lesson Plans & Worksheets for all grades
Common Core Math Video Lessons, Math Worksheets and Games for Grade 2
Common Core Math Video Lessons, Math Worksheets and Games for all grades
New York State Common Core Math Module 7, Grade 2, Lesson 13
Topic B: Problem Solving with Coins and Bills
NYS Math Grade 2 Module 7 Lesson 13
Lesson 13 Homework
- Kelly bought a pencil sharpener for 47 cents and a pencil for 35 cents. What was her change from $1?
- HaeJung bought a pretzel for 3 dimes and a nickel. She also bought a juice box. She spent 92 cents. How much was the juice box?
- Nolan has 1 quarter, 1 nickel, and 21 pennies. His brother gave him 2 coins. Now, he has 86 cents. What 2 coins did his brother give him?
- Monique saved 2 ten dollar bills, 4 five dollar bills, and 15 one dollar bills. Harry saved has $16 more than Monique. How much money does Harry have?
- Ryan went shopping with 3 twenty dollar bills, 3 ten dollar bills, 1 five dollar bill, and 9 one dollar bills. He spent 59 dollars on a video game. How much money did he have left?
- Heather had 3 ten dollar bills and 4 five dollar bills left after buying a new pair of sneakers for $29. How much money did she have before buying the sneakers?
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.