Solving Absolute Value Inequalities
More Lessons for Grade 9
Videos, worksheets, games and activities to help Algebra 1 students learn about solving absolute value inequalities.
How to solve absolute value inequalities?
1. Change inequality to equality.
2. Isolate the absolute value.
3. Remove absolute value by creating two equations; one positive, one negative.
4. Solve the two equations to find boundary points.
5. Test any number in each of the regions created by the boundary points.
Absolute Value Inequality
A step by step approach for solving inequalities that have absolute values in them.
Absolute Value Inequalities
Students learn that when solving an absolute value inequality, the first step is to split it into two separate inequalities.
Inequalities with Absolute Value
Equations and Inequalities in One Variable - Absolute Value.
How to solve an inequality with an absolute value
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
You can use the free Mathway calculator and problem solver below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.