Modeling an Invasive Species Population
Videos to help Algebra I learn four transformations of functions.
New York State Common Core Math Module 3, Algebra I, Lesson 24
Plans and Worksheets for Algebra I
Plans and Worksheets for all Grades
Lessons for Algebra I
Common Core For Algebra I
Lesson 24 Student Outcomes
• Students create piecewise and step functions that relate to real-life situations and use those functions to solve
• Students interpret graphs of piecewise and step functions in a real-life situation.
Lesson 24 Exit Ticket
1. Use the graph to complete the table.
2. Write a formula involving step functions that represents the cost of postage based on the graph shown above.
3. If it cost $0.54 Trina to mail her letter, how many ounces did it weigh?
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
You can use the free Mathway calculator and problem solver below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.