Construct the Centroid of a Triangle
More Lessons for High School Regents Exam
High School Math based on the topics required for the Regents Exam conducted by NYSED.
What is the Centroid of a triangle?
1. A centroid is a point of concurrency of the medians.
2. It is the center of mass.
3. It divides each median into two pieces: 2/3 and 1/3.
How to construct the centroid of a triangle?
1. Given a triangle ABC.
2. Construct the median of AB.
3. Construct the median of BC.
4. Construct the median of AC.
5. The medians should be concurrent. Label the point D. Point D is the centroid of the triangle.
Constructing the Centroid of a Triangle
Using a straight edge and a compass to create the centroid or center of gravity of a triangle
3 medians (from vertex to midpoint of other side) will construct a Centroid. A centroid is the center of gravity.
Construction of a Triangle Centroid
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
You can use the free Mathway widget below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.