Compare and Classify Polygons
Videos to help Grade 3 students learn how to compare and classify polygons.
Common Core Standards: 3.G.1
Plans and Worksheets for Grade 3
Plans and Worksheets for all Grades
Lessons for Grade 3
Common Core For Grade 3
New York State Common Core Math Module 7, Grade 3, Lesson 5
Types of Polygons:
: All sides are equal
: 3 sided polygon
Square or Rectangle
: 4 sided polygon
: 5 sided polygon
: 6 sided polygon
: 7 sided polygon
: 8 sided polygon
: 9 sided polygon
: 10 sided polygon
: 12 sided polygon
In this lesson, we will learn how to sort polygons by:
All sides are equal
All sides are not equal
At least 1 right angle
At least 1 set of parallel sides
Lesson 5 Homework
1. Match the polygons with their appropriate clouds. A polygon can match to more than 1 cloud.
2. The two polygons below are regular polygons. How are these polygons the same? How are they
3. Lucia draws the polygons below. Are any of the polygons she drew regular polygons? Explain how you
1. Define the following polygons.
2. Sort the following polygons.