Videos, examples, and solutions to help Grade 1 students learn how to solve compare with bigger or smaller unknown problem types.
Common Core Standards: 1.OA.1
Plans and Worksheets for Grade 1
Plans and Worksheets for all Grades
Lessons for Grade 1
Common Core For Grade 1
New York State Common Core Math Grade 1, Module 6, Lessons 2
Worksheets for Grade 1, Module 6, Lesson 2
Topic A: Comparison Word Problems
Lesson 2 Homework
Read the word problem.
Draw a tape diagram or double tape diagram and label.
Write a number sentence and a statement that matches the story.
1. Kim went to 15 baseball games this summer. Julio went to 10 baseball games. How
many more games did Kim go to than Julio?
2. Kiana picked 14 strawberries at the farm. Tamra picked 5 fewer strawberries than
Kiana. How many strawberries did Tamra pick?
3. Willie saw 7 reptiles at the zoo. Emi saw 4 more reptiles at the zoo than Willie.
How many reptiles did Emi see at the zoo?
4. Peter jumped into the swimming pool 6 times more than Darnel. Darnel jumped in 9
times. How many times did Peter jump into the swimming pool?
5. Rose found 16 seashells on the beach. Lee found 6 fewer seashells than Rose. How
many seashells did Lee find on the beach?
6. Shanika got 12 cards in the mail. Nikil got 5 more cards than Shanika. How many
cards did Nikil get?
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
You can use the free Mathway calculator and problem solver below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.