High School Math based on the topics required for the Regents
Exam conducted by NYSED. The following are the worked solutions
for the Algebra 2/Trigonometry (Common Core) Regents High School Examination
More Lessons for the Regents High School Exam
More Lessons for Algebra
Algebra 2/Trigonometry Common Core Regents New York State Exam - June 2016, Questions 1 - 39
The following are questions from the past paper Regents High School Algebra 2/Trigonometry, June 2016 Exam (pdf)
. Scroll down the page for the step by step solutions.
Algebra 2/Trigonometry - June 2016 Regents - Questions and solutions 1 - 14
4. A multiple-choice test has 4 possible choices for each question. computations.
A person guesses on 10 questions. What is the probability the person
gets exactly 8 questions correct?
7. The Mathematics Club will select a president, a vice president, and
a treasurer for the club. If there are 15 members in the club,
how many different selections of a president, a vice president, and
a treasurer are possible if each club member can be selected to only
10. A principal is concerned about the decline in the number of students
who purchase food from the cafeteria. A survey was developed to
assist the principal. The most appropriate method would be for the
principal to randomly select 100 students from
(1) the junior class
(2) the student directory
(3) the Algebra 2/Trigonometry classes
(4) the students who are eating during fourth period lunch in the
Algebra 2/Trigonometry - June 2016 Regents - Questions and solutions 15 - 27
20. What is the equation of the circle passing through the point (5,2)
whose center is at (2,3)?
22. What is the fourth term in the expansion of (2x - 1)6
23. If the roots of a quadratic equation are real, irrational, and unequal,
the discriminant could have a value of
24. What is the nth term of the sequence 1,3,7,11,…?
Algebra 2/Trigonometry - June 2016 Regents - Questions and solutions 28 - 39
28. Factor 6x3
- 63x completely.
29. Five thousand dollars is invested at an interest rate of 3.5% compounded quarterly. No money
is deposited or withdrawn from the account. Using the formula below, determine, to the nearest
cent, how much this investment will be worth in 18 years.
33. A sine function is graphed below.
Determine and state the amplitude and period of this function.
34. On the Algebra 2/Trigonometry midterm at Champion High School, the scores of 210 students
were normally distributed with a mean of 82 and a standard deviation of 4.2.
Determine how many students scored between 79.9 and 88.3.
36. The lengths of the sides of a triangle are 6 cm, 11 cm, and 7 cm. Determine, to the nearest tenth
of a degree, the measure of the largest angle of the triangle.
38. Solve 2cos2
θ = cosθ for all values of θ in the interval 0° ≤ θ < 360°.
More Questions, Worked Solutions and Revision
Resources for the Math Regents Examination
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
You can use the free Mathway calculator and problem solver below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.