Word Problems with Dollar Bills
Videos solutions to help Grade 2 students learn how to solve word problems involving the total value of a group of bills.
Common Core Standards:
Core Math Resources, Lesson Plans & Worksheets for all grades
Common Core Math
Video Lessons, Math Worksheets and Games for Grade 2
Math Video Lessons, Math Worksheets and Games for all grades
New York State Common Core Math Module 7, Grade 2, Lesson 8
Topic B: Problem Solving with Coins and Bills
NYS Math Grade 2 Module 7 Lesson 8
Lesson 8 Homework
1. Mr. Chang has 4 ten dollar bills, 3 five dollar bills, and 6 one dollar bills. How much
money does he have in all?
2. At her yard sale, Danielle got 1 twenty dollar bill and 5 one dollar bills last week.
This week she got 3 ten dollar bills and 3 five dollar bills. What is the total amount
she got for both weeks?
3. Patrick has 2 fewer ten dollar bills than Brenna. Patrick has $64. How much money
does Brenna have?
4. On Saturday, Mary Jo received 5 ten dollar bills, 4 five dollar bills, and 17 one dollar
bills. On Sunday, she received 4 ten dollar bills, 5 five dollar bills, and 15 one dollar
bills. How much more money did Mary Jo receive on Saturday than on Sunday?
5. Alexis has $95. She has 2 more five dollar bills, 5 more one dollar bills, and 2 more
ten dollar bills than Kasai. How much money does Kasai have?
6. Kate had 2 ten dollar bills, 6 five dollar bills, and 21 one dollar bills before she spent
$45 on a new outfit. How much money was not spent?
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
You can use the free Mathway calculator and problem solver below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.