Solve take from - result unknown problems
Videos solutions to help Grade 1 students learn how to solve take apart with addend unknown math stories with math drawings, equations, and statements, circling the known part to find the unknown.
Common Core Standards: 1.OA.1,
Core Math Resources, Lesson Plans & Worksheets for all grades
Common Core Math
Video Lessons, Math Worksheets and Games for Grade 1
Math Video Lessons, Math Worksheets and Games for all grades
New York State Common Core Math Module 1, Grade 1, Lesson 29
NYS Math Module 1, Grade 1, Lesson 29
Lesson 29 Concept Development
Repeat the process with more take apart math stories. The following is a suggested sequence:
• 8 cupcakes in all: 6 with chocolate icing, the rest with vanilla
• 7 sneakers in all: 3 with Velcro, the rest with
• 10 coats: 7 with buttons, the rest with zippers
• 9 balls: 3 basketballs, the rest are soccer balls
Lesson 29 Homework
Read the math stories. Make math drawings to solve.
1. Tom has a box of 7 crayons. 5 crayons are red. How many crayons are not red?
2. Mary picks 8 flowers. 2 are daisies. The rest are tulips. How many tulips does she