Videos, examples, and solutions to help Grade 3 students learn how to share and critique peer solution strategies to varied word problems.
Common Core Standards: 3.OA.8
Plans and Worksheets for Grade 3
Plans and Worksheets for all Grades
Lessons for Grade 3
Common Core For Grade 3
New York State Common Core Math Grade 3, Module 7, Lesson 3
Lesson 3 Homework
Use the RDW process to solve the problems below. Use a letter to represent the unknown in each problem.
1. Jerry pours 86 milliliters of water into 8 tiny beakers. He measures an equal amount of water into the
first 7 beakers. He pours the remaining water into the eighth beaker. It measures 16 milliliters. How
many milliliters of water are in each of the first 7 beakers?
2. Mr. Chavez’s third-graders go to gym class at 11:15. Students rotate through three activities for 8
minutes each. Lunch begins at 12:00. How many minutes are left from the end of the gym activities until
3. A box contains 100 pens. In each box there are 38 black pens and 42 blue pens, while the rest are green
pens. Mr. Cane buys 6 boxes of pens. How many green pens does he have in total?
Lesson 3 Homework
4. Greg has $56. Tom has $17 more than Greg. Jason has $8 less than Tom.
a. How much money does Jason have?
b. How much money do the 3 boys have in total?
5. Laura cuts 64 inches of ribbon into two parts and gives her mom one part. Laura’s part is 28 inches long.
Her mom cuts her ribbon into 6 equal pieces. How long is one of her mom’s pieces of ribbon?
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
You can use the free Mathway calculator and problem solver below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.