Identify and Draw Shapes (Grade 2)
Videos and songs to help Grade 2 students learn to recognize and draw shapes having specified attributes, such as a given number of angles or a given number of equal faces. Identify triangles, quadrilaterals, pentagons, hexagons, and cubes.
Common Core: 2.G.1
Suggested Learning Target
- I can identify important attributes of a shape.
- I can use important attributes to name shapes (number of sides, faces, angles/vertices/corners).
- I can draw a shape when given its attributes.
- I can sort shapes by common attributes
- I know that plane figures are named by the number of sides
More Lessons for Grade 2
Common Core for Grade 2
Learning Shapes - Second Grade
This video will highlight the attributes of quadrilaterals, triangles, pentagon and hexagons.
Identifying shapes and attributes of shapes 2.G.1
This video teaches students to identify shapes based on attributes and shape names, both plane and solid shapes.
Identify and Draw Shapes.
Learn the names and properties of 2D shapes through the form of a game, "Who am I?"
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
You can use the free Mathway calculator and problem solver below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.