Perimeter of Regular Polygons
Videos, examples, and solutions to help Grade 3 students learn how to determine the perimeter of regular polygons and rectangles when whole number measurements are missing.
Common Core Standards: 3.G.1
Plans and Worksheets for Grade 3
Plans and Worksheets for all Grades
Lessons for Grade 3
Common Core For Grade 3
New York State Common Core Math Module 7, Grade 3, Lesson 14
A rectangular sheep pen measures 5 meters
long and 9 meters wide. The perimeter of the cow pen is double the perimeter of the sheep pen. What is the perimeter of the cow pen?
Problem 1: Find perimeter of rectangles with missing side lengths.
Problem 2: Find the perimeter of regular polygons with one side length given.
1. Label the unknown side lengths of the regular shapes below. Then find the perimeter of each shape.
2. Label the missing side lengths of the rectangle below. Then find the perimeter of the rectangle.
3. David draws a regular octagon and labels a side length as shown below. Find the perimeter of David’s
4. Paige paints an 8 inch by 9 inch picture for her mom’s birthday. What is the total length of wood that
Paige needs to make a frame for the picture?
5. Mr. Spooner draws a regular hexagon on the board. One of the sides measures 4 centimeters. Giles and
Xander find the perimeter. Their work is shown below. Whose work is correct? Explain your answer.
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
You can use the free Mathway calculator and problem solver below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.