Percent Problems involving Discount
More Lessons for Grade 8
Videos, worksheets, stories and songs to help Grade 8 students learn how to solve percent problems involving discount.
How to solve percent problems that involves discount?
1. Read the entire question.
2. Write the basic information.
3. Change the percentage to a decimal.
4. OF means to multiply.
5. Multiply the decimal by the price. This is what you save.
6. Subtract your savings from the original price to find the current price.
How to find the discount
The video covers a one-step and a two-step process for finding a sale price, given a percent of discount. It includes four examples.
Discount and Sale Price
Original price minus discount equals sale price.
Sales tax and discount
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
You can use the free Mathway calculator and problem solver below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.