Multiply Decimal Fractions
Videos to help Grade 5 students learn how to multiply decimal fractions with tenths by multi-digit whole numbers using place value understanding to record partial products.
Common Core Standards: 5.OA.1,
Plans and Worksheets for Grade 5
Plans and Worksheets for all Grades
Lessons for Grade 5
Common Core For Grade 5
New York State Common Core Math Module 2, Grade 5, Lesson 10
Problems 1 - 3
43 × 2.4
3.5 × 42
15.6 × 73
1. Estimate the product. Solve using an area model and the standard algorithm. Remember to express your
products in standard form.
a. 22 × 2.4 ≈ ___ × ____ = ____
b. 3.1 × 33 ≈ ___ × ____ =_____
4. Rachel runs 3.2 miles each week day and 1.5 miles each day of the weekend. How many miles will she
have run in 6 weeks?
Lesson 10 Homework
This video shows how to use area models to multiply decimals fractions with tenths by double digit whole numbers. Each problem is also solved using a standard algorithm.
1. Estimate the product. Solve using an area model and the standard algorithm. Remember to express your products in standard form.
a. 53 × 1.2 ≈______ × _______ = ____
2. Estimate, and then use the standard algorithm to solve. Express your products in standard form.
c. 3.3 × 16
3. Mr. Jansen is building an ice rink in his backyard that will measure 8.4 meters by 22 meters. What is the area of the rink?
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
You can use the free Mathway calculator and problem solver below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.