Make Ten when one Addend is 9
Videos to help Grade 1 students learn how to make ten when one addend is 9.
Common Core Standards: 1.OA.2,
Plans and Worksheets for Grade 1
Plans and Worksheets for all Grades
Lessons for Grade 1
Common Core For Grade 1
New York State Common Core Math Module 2, Grade 1, Lesson 3
and Lesson 4
Lesson 3 Exit Ticket
Draw and circle to show how to make ten to solve. Complete the number sentences.
1. Tammy has 4 books and John has 9 books. How many books do Tammy and John
Tammy and John have ____ books.
Lesson 3 Homework
Draw, label, and circle to show how you made ten to help you solve. Complete the
1. Ron has 9 marbles and Sue has 4 marbles. How many marbles do they have in all?
9 + 4 = ____
10 + 3 = ___
Ron and Sue have _____ marbles.
3. Stan has 6 fish and Meg has 9. How many fish do they have in all?
5. Dad has 8 pens and Tony has 9. How many pens do Dad and Tony have in all?
Lesson 4 Homework
Solve. Make math drawings using the ten-frame to show
how you made 10 to solve.
2. 9 + 6 =
3. 7 + 9 =
4. Match the number sentences to the bonds you used to help you make a ten.
a. 9 + 8 =
b. __ = 9 + 6
c. 7 + 9 =
5. Make math drawings using ten-frames for the + 9 expressions to find and circle the true number sentences.
a. 9 + 2 = 10 + 1
b. 10 + 3 = 9 + 4
c. 5 + 10 = 6 + 9
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
You can use the free Mathway widget below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.