Integrated Algebra Regents - January 2013
High School Math based on the topics required for the Regents
Exam conducted by NYSED. The following are the worked solutions
for the Integrated Algebra Regents High School Examination January
More Lessons for the Regents High School Exam
More Lessons for Geometry
January 2013 Integrated Algebra Regents Exam
Integrated Algebra - January 2013 Regents - Q #1 - 5
1. The number of hours spent on math homework during one week and
the math exam grades for eleven students in Ms. Smith's algebra
class are plotted below. Based on the plotted data, what is the
correlation between the time spent on homework and the exam grade?
2. A car uses one gallon of gasoline for every 20 miles it travels.
If a gallon of gasoline costs $3.98, how much will the gas cost, to
the nearest dollar, to travel 180 miles?
3. If Angelina's weekly allowance is d dollars, which expression
represents her allowance, in dollars, for x weeks?
4. What is the solution of the system of equations shown in the
5. The solution of the equation 5 - 2x = -4x - 7 is...
Integrated Algebra - January 2013 Regents - Q #6 - 10
6. The expression 100n2
- 1 is equivalent to
7. In right triangle ABC shown below, what is the value of cos A?
8. A bag contains five green gumdrops and six red gumdrops. If Kim
pulls a green gumdrop out of the bag and eats it, what is the
probability that the next gumdrop she pulls out will be red?
9. Which graph represents a function?
10. The current population of a town is 10,000. If the population,
P, increases by 20% each year, which equation could be used to find
the population after t years?
Integrated Algebra - January 2013 Regents - Q #11 - 15
11. Which verbal expression is represented by 2(x + 4)?
12. How many cubes with 5-inch sides will completely fill a cube
that is 10 inches on a side?
13. A school newspaper will survey students about the quality of the
school's lunch program. Which method will create the least biased
14. The vertex of the parabola y = x2
+ 8x + 10 lies in
15. In the figure below, ABCD is a square and semicircle O has a
radius of 6. What is the area of the figure?
Integrated Algebra - January 2013 Regents - Q #16 - 20
16. What is 24x2
divided by 4xy2
17. Which expression can be used to change 75 kilometers per hour to
meters per minute?
18. The inequality can be written as...
19. The expression is equivalent to...
20. The roots of the equation x2
- 14x + 48 = 0 are...
More Questions, Worked Solutions and Revision
Resources for the Math Regents Examination
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
You can use the free Mathway calculator and problem solver below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.