Videos and solutions to help Grade 1 students learn how to partition shapes and identify halves and quarters of circles and rectangles.
Common Core Standards: 1.G.3
Plans and Worksheets for Grade 1
Plans and Worksheets for all Grades
Lessons for Grade 1
Common Core For Grade 1
New York State Common Core Math Grade 1, Module 5, Lessons 8 and 9
Worksheets for Grade 1, Module 5, Lesson 8
Worksheets for Grade 1, Module 5, Lesson 9
Topic C: Halves and Quarters of Rectangles and Circles
Lesson 8 Homework
1. Circle the correct word(s) to tell how each shape is divided.
2. What part of the shape is shaded? Circle the correct answer.
3. Color 1 quarter of each shape.
4. Color 1 half of each shape.
Lesson 9 Homework
1. Label the shaded part of each picture as one half of the shape or one quarter of
Which shape has been cut into more equal parts?
Which shape has larger equal parts?
Which shape has smaller equal parts?
2. Write whether the shaded part of each shape is a half, a quarter, or a fourth.
3. Color part of the shape to match its label. Circle the phrase that would make the
To subscribe to Volkertmath click here
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
You can use the free Mathway calculator and problem solver below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.