Questions and Solutions for The Official Guide to the GRE Revised General Test, 2nd Edition. (Quantitative Reasoning Section 6 Part 3)
More GRE Resources
These are explanations and step by step solutions for The Official Guide to the GRE Revised General Test, 2nd Edition (Practice Test 2, Quantitative Reasoning Section 6, begins on page 464).
GRE Practice Test Second Edition - Complete Paper (pdf)
Questions 10 to 25 have several different formats. Unless otherwise directed, select a single answer choice.
For Numeric Entry questions, follow the instructions below.
Numeric Entry Questions
To answer these questions, enter a number by filling in circles in a grid.
• Your answer may be an integer, a decimal, or a fraction, and it may be negative.
• Equivalent forms of the correct answer, such as 2.5 and 2.50, are all correct. Fractions do not need to be
reduced to lowest terms, though you may need to reduce your fraction to fit in the grid.
• Enter the exact answer unless the question asks you to round your answer.
• If a question asks for a fraction, the grid will have a built-in division slash (/). Otherwise, the grid will have a
decimal point available.
• Start your answer in any column, space permitting. Fill in no more than one circle in any column of the grid.
Columns not needed should be left blank.
• Write your answer in the boxes at the top of the grid and fill in the corresponding circles. You will receive
credit only if the circles are filled in correctly, regardless of the number written in the boxes at
GRE Practice Test 2 Second Edition. (Quantitative Reasoning Section 6 solution for question 10)
10. What is the slope of line k in the xy-plane above?
GRE Practice Test 2 Second Edition. (Quantitative Reasoning Section 6 solution for question 11
b - 3, b - 1, b + 2, b + 3, b + 4
11. The median of the five terms listed above is 5, where b is a constant. What
is the average (arithmetic mean) of the five terms?
GRE Practice Test 2 Second Edition. (Quantitative Reasoning Section 6 solution for question 12)
12. What is the area of the region shown above?
GRE Practice Test 2 Second Edition. (Quantitative Reasoning Section 6 solution for question 13)
13. During a one-year study, biologists observed the number of fish in a certain
pond as well as the percent of the fish that were catfish. At the beginning of
the year, there were 300 fish in the pond, of which 15 percent were catfish;
and at the end of the year, there were 400 fish in the pond, of which 10
percent were catfish. From the beginning of the year to the end of the year,
the number of catfish in the pond
A decreased by more than 5%
B decreased by 5%
C did not change
D increased by 5%
E increased by more than 5%
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
You can use the free Mathway calculator and problem solver below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.