Questions and Solutions for GRE Practice Test Second Edition. (Quantitative Reasoning Section 5 Part 6)
More GRE Resources
These are explanations and step by step solutions for the second edition of the ETS Practice Book for the Paper-Based GRE Revised General Test (Quantitative Reasoning Section 5).
GRE Practice Test Second Edition - Complete Paper (pdf)
Questions 10 to 25 have several different formats. Unless otherwise directed, select a single answer choice.
For Numeric Entry questions, follow the instructions below.
Numeric Entry Questions
To answer these questions, enter a number by filling in circles in a grid.
• Your answer may be an integer, a decimal, or a fraction, and it may be negative.
• Equivalent forms of the correct answer, such as 2.5 and 2.50, are all correct. Fractions do not need to be
reduced to lowest terms, though you may need to reduce your fraction to fit in the grid.
• Enter the exact answer unless the question asks you to round your answer.
• If a question asks for a fraction, the grid will have a built-in division slash (/). Otherwise, the grid will have a
decimal point available.
• Start your answer in any column, space permitting. Fill in no more than one circle in any column of the grid.
Columns not needed should be left blank.
• Write your answer in the boxes at the top of the grid and fill in the corresponding circles. You will receive
credit only if the circles are filled in correctly, regardless of the number written in the boxes at
GRE Practice Test Second Edition. (Quantitative Reasoning Section 5 solution for question 22)
22. If an integer is divisible by both 8 and 15, then
the integer also must be divisible by which of the
GRE Practice Test Second Edition. (Quantitative Reasoning Section 5 solution for question 23)
23. A certain experiment has three possible outcomes.
The outcomes are mutually exclusive and have
probabilities p, p/2, and p/4, respectively. What is
the value of p ?
GRE Practice Test Second Edition. (Quantitative Reasoning Section 5 solution for question 24)
24. In triangle ABC, the measure of angle B is 90°,
the length of side AB is 4, and the length of side
BC is x. If the length of hypotenuse AC is between
4 and 8, which of the following could be the value
of x ?
Indicate all such values.
GRE Practice Test Second Edition. (Quantitative Reasoning Section 5 solution for question 25)
25. Each month, a certain manufacturing company’s
total expenses are equal to a fixed monthly expense
plus a variable expense that is directly proportional
to the number of units produced by the company
during that month. If the company’s total expenses
for a month in which it produces 20,000 units are
$570,000, and the total expenses for a month in
which it produces 25,000 units are $705,000, what
is the company’s fixed monthly expense?
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
You can use the free Mathway calculator and problem solver below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.