Videos and solutions to help Grade 2 students learn how to use the fewest number of coins to make a given value.
Common Core Standards:
Core Math Resources, Lesson Plans & Worksheets for all grades
Common Core Math
Videos, Lessons, Math Worksheets and Games for Grade 2
Math Video Lessons, Math Worksheets and Games for all grades
New York State Common Core Math Module 7, Grade 2, Lesson 10
Topic B: Problem Solving with Coins and Bills
NYS Math Grade 2 Module 7 Lesson 10
Lesson 10 Homework
1. Tara showed 30 cents two ways. Circle the way that uses the fewest coins.
What coins from (a) were changed for one coin in (b)?
2. Show 40¢ two ways. Use the fewest possible coins on the right below.
3. Show 55¢ two ways. Use the fewest possible coins on the right below.
4. Show 66¢ two ways. Use the fewest possible coins on the right below.
5. Show 80¢ two ways. Use the fewest possible coins on the right below.
6. Show $1 two ways. Use the fewest possible coins on the right below.
7. Tara made a mistake when asked for two ways to show 91¢. Circle her mistake, and
explain what she did wrong.
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
You can use the free Mathway calculator and problem solver below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.