Compare with difference unknown problems
Videos to help Grade 1 students learn how to answer compare with difference unknown problems about
lengths of two different objects measured in centimeters.
Common Core Grade 1, Module 3, Topic C: Non-Standard and Standard Length Units
Common Core Standards: 1.MD.1, 1.MD.2
Plans and Worksheets for Grade 1
Plans and Worksheets for all Grades
Lessons for Grade 1
Common Core For Grade 1
New York State Common Core Math Grade 1, Module 3, Lesson 9
Lesson 9 Concept Development and Homework
1. Look at the picture below. How much shorter is Trophy A than Trophy B?
Use your centimeter cubes to model each problem. Then, solve by draw a picture of your model and writing a number sentence and a statement.
4. Susan grew 15 centimeters and Tyler grew 11 centimeters. How much more did
Susan grow than Tyler?
5. Bob’s straw is 13 centimeters. If Tom’s straw is 6 centimeters, how much shorter is
Tom’s straw than Bob’s straw?
6. A purple card is 8 toothpicks long. A red card is 12 toothpicks long. How much
longer is the red card than the purple card?
7. Carl’s bean plant grew to be 9 centimeters tall. Dan's bean plant grew to be 14
centimeters tall. How much taller is Dan's plant than Carl's plant?