Videos and solutions to help Grade 1 students learn how to classify shapes based on defining attributes using examples, variants, and non-examples.
Common Core Standards: 1.G.1
Plans and Worksheets for Grade 1
Plans and Worksheets for all Grades
Lessons for Grade 1
Common Core For Grade 1
New York State Common Core Math Grade 1, Module 5, Lesson 1
Worksheets for Grade 1, Module 5, Lesson 1
Topic A: Attributes of Shapes
Lesson 1 Homework
1. Circle the shapes that have 3 straight sides.
2. Circle the shapes that have no corners.
3. Circle the shapes that have only square corners.
a. Draw a shape that has 4 straight
b. Draw another shape with 4 straight
sides that is different from 4(a)
and from the ones above.
5. Which attributes, or characteristics, are the same for all of the shapes in Group A?
6. Circle the shape that best fits with Group A.
7. Draw 2 more shapes that would fit
8. Draw 1 shape that would not fit in
To subscribe to Volkertmath click here
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
You can use the free Mathway calculator and problem solver below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.