Additive Compare Word Problems and Tape Diagrams
Videos to help Grade 4 students learn how to solve additive compare word problems modeled with tape diagrams.
Common Core Standards: 4.OA.3,
Plans and Worksheets for Grade 4
Plans and Worksheets for all Grades
Lessons for Grade 4
Common Core For Grade 4
New York State Common Core Math Module 1, Grade 4, Lesson 17
NYS Math Module 1 Grade 4 Lesson 17 Problem Set
Directions: Model each problem using a tape diagram. Solve using numbers and words.
1. Sean’s school raised $32,587. Leslie’s school raised $18,749. How much more money did Sean’s school
2. At a parade, 97,853 people sat in bleachers and 388,547 people stood along the street. How many
fewer people were in the bleachers than standing on the street?
4. A copper wire was 240 m long. After 60 m was cut off, it was double the length of a steel wire. How
much longer was the copper wire than the steel wire at first?
NYS Math Module 1 Grade 4 Lesson 17 Homework
1. Gavin has 1,094 toy building blocks. Avery has only 816 toy building blocks. How many more building blocks does Gavin have?
2. Container A and B hold 11,875 L of water altogether. Container B holds 2,391 L more than container A holds. How much water does Container A hold?
3. A piece of yellow yarn was 230 inches long. After 90 inches had been cut from it, the piece of yellow
yarn was twice as long as a piece of blue yarn. How much longer than the blue yarn was the yellow yarn