OML Search

ACT Questions: Elementary Algebra

Related Topics:
More Lessons for ACT Math
Math Worksheets



 

Videos, examples, solutions, activities and worksheets to help ACT students review some intermediate algebra questions.

ACT Math Test: Elementary Algebra Problem
Here's an elementary algebra problem for you to try.
Example:
If x2 = 81 and y2 = 25, which of the following is a possible value of x + y?
A. -15
B. -4
C. 10
D. 18
E. 106
ACT Math Video Solution #2
Factoring a quadratic
Example:
Which of the following is a factor of p2 - 4p - 12?
A. p + 6
B. p - 4
C. p + 3
D. p - 2
E. p - 6
ACT Mathematics Elementary Algebra Problem
This question asks you to find an expression to describe the relationship between two variables.
Example:
Jack is a newborn baby who spends 60% of his time sleeping. Out of the other 40% of his time, 60% is spent either eating, burping, or having his diaper changed. What percent of Jack's total time is left for playing?
A. 0%
B. 16%
C. 20%
D. 24%
E. 40



Hours Worked {ACT - Elementary Algebra}
Example:
A consultant charges $45 for each hour she works on a consultation, plus a flat $30 consulting fee. How may hours of work are included in a $210 bill for a consultation?
F. 2 4/5
G. 4
H. 4 2/3
J. 5 1/2
K. 7
Combining Like Terms {ACT - Elementary Algebra}
Example:
t2 - 59t + 54 - 82t2 + 60t is equivalent to:
F. -26t2
G. -26t6
H. -81t4 + t2 + 54
J. -81t2 + t + 54
K. -82t2 + t + 54
Consecutive Integers {ACT - Elementary Algebra}
Example:
The 6 consecutive integers below add up to 447.
x - 2
x - 1
x
x + 1
x + 2
x + 3
What is the value of x?
F. 72
G. 73
H. 74
J. 75
K. 76
Consecutive Odd Integers {ACT - Elementary Algebra}
Example:
m, n, and p are three consecutive positive odd integers such that m < n < p. If their sum is 45, what is the value of mp?
A. 30
B. 90
C. 195
D. 221
E. 224


Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.


You can use the free Mathway calculator and problem solver below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.


OML Search


We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.


[?] Subscribe To This Site

XML RSS
follow us in feedly
Add to My Yahoo!
Add to My MSN
Subscribe with Bloglines