Videos, stories and songs to help Grade 1
kids learn about 2-D or plane shapes.
In these lessons, we will what are circles, triangles, squares, rectangles, ovals, diamonds, pentagons, hexagons, cylinders, cubes, stars, trapezoids, their properties and how to draw them.
More lessons for Grade 1
Songs About Shapes
The Shapes Song
Square, Circle, Triangle
I'm a square. I have 4 sides. I'm a square. I have 4 sides.
We are squares. We have 4 sides. 1 2 3 4. We are squares.
I'm a circle. I go round and round. I'm a circle. I go round and round.
We are circles. We go round and round. Round and round, we are circles.
I'm a triangle. I have 3 sides. I'm a triangle. I have 3 sides.
We are triangles. We have 3 sides. 1 2 3 - we are triangles.
We are shapes. You see us everywhere. We are shapes. You see us everywhere.
We are shapes. You see us everywhere.
Just look around, we are everywhere.
Shapes Song 2
Square, Circle, Triangle, Rectangle, Star, Diamond, Oval, Heart, Pentagon, Hexagon, Heptagon, Octagon, Nanogon, Decagon, Hendecagon, Dodecagon
Shapes Song For Kids - Circle, Triangle, Square, Heart
Videos on Shapes
This video helps kids learn some common shapes, what they are called, and how they are drawn.
Say the shape as it is drawn on the screen.
Shapes for kids
Shapes for kids. Circle, triangle, square, rectangle, oval, diamond, pentagon, hexagon, cylinder, cube, star, trapezoid.
All About Shapes - How to be a shape expert?
Identify, name, and describe circles, triangles,rectangles, squares (as special rectangles).
In this video, you will learn the characteristics (corners and sides) of 4 basic shapes (circle, triangle, rectangle, and square).
Learn the names and properties of 2D shapes through the form of a game, "Who am I?"
1. I am a four sided shape. I have four right angles. My opposite sides are parallel and of equal length. All my sides are of equal length. Who am I?
2. I have three sides. I have three angles. My angles always equal 180 degrees. Who am I?
3. I have five sides. All my sides are straight. A building in the U.S.A. has the same name as me. Who am I?
4. I have 6 sides and 6 angles, The word 'six' has the letter 'x' that appears in the middle of my name. Who am I?
5. Each of my four sides are equal in length. My opposite sides are parallel and my opposite angles are equal. Who am I?
6. My name changed in different countries. I have a pair of parallel sides. I am a quadrilateral. Who am I?
7. My opposite sides are parallel and equal in length. I am a quadrilateral. All opposite angles are equal. Who am I?
8. My name sounds a lot like an eight legged creature from the sea. I have 8 sides and angles. Who am I?
9. I have 7 sides and 7 angles. The first part of my name rhymes with the ninth month of the year. Who am I?
10. I have one curved side. No straight sides. No angles. Who am I?
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
You can use the free Mathway calculator and problem solver below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.